Headphone Jack Problem

zlashed

Baseband Member
My computer has a back audio jack on the I/O panel as well as a headphone jack on the top of the case. I like to have my speakers plugged in the back so I can simply unplug my phones if i want to listen through the speakers. Recently my headphone jack stopped functioning. The way I have it set up now I will always have to go around to the back of my computer, unplug the phones, and plug in the speakers. When I first built to computer, the jack worked fine. Soon it only worked when I wiggled the phones around in the jack to find the right spot. Now it doesn't work at all. I opened up the computer and checked all of the connections. It seems the jack's wire securely connects to the "HD Audio" plug and is secured to the motherboard. If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem might be, or has any suggestions on how to fix it, please help. Thanks in advance.

zlashed

Another thing I forgot to add but may not be relevant is that the sound from the headphones when plugged into the headphone jack was always much louder than I can get even with full volume when they are plugged into the back. This is another problem I have and I don't know why it would be this way.

Back
Top Bottom