HDD “S.M.A.R.T” Error Fix.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
About 1 month ago I had a SMART error on the boot up, so someone suggested that I go to my hdd manufactures websites and download that error fix software. That's what I did yesterday, I have WD HDD's, but when I tried running the software, it gave me the “Blue Screen of Death”. I get to the point where it askes me to accept the turms, and the it gives me the blue screen. I tried doing it in safe mode as well, didn't work.

Is there another free software that I can use to check if my hdd have any errors? lol coz I don't want it dying on me.

TRY Windows own, MY COMPUTER, RIGHT CLICK your drive .e.g C, PROPERTIES, TOOLS. select ERROR CHECKING now reboot your computer.

TRY Windows own, MY COMPUTER, RIGHT CLICK your drive .e.g C, PROPERTIES, TOOLS. select ERROR CHECKING now reboot your computer.

If your getting errors with SMART then i would definately think about backing up the data. Have you ran HDD diagnostic software on the drive, and if so, what was the result?

LoL Raffaz I dont think u finished reading the post.

1st I had the error about 1 month ago for like 1 day or so, then it went away.

2nd I am trying to find a program that will let me check the HDD for errors, and the one that i gat from the WD website is giving me blue screen. i havent tryed the stock one that blackjack sugested, but i will once i get home.

Back
Top Bottom