HDD helpDo you want to format it now? NO!!

howardg

Beta member
System:
MB: Gigabyte GA-7NNXP
CPU: AMD Athlon 2500 1.83ghz
RAM: 1GB Crucial DDR 400
OS XP Sp 2
HDD1 Seagate SATA 120gb OS to SATA0
HDD 2 Seagate IDE 200gb to IDE1

I tried to add an additional Seagate HDD (IDE 320gb). to my system. I attached to IDE 3 on the MB to format the drive using Seagate Discwizard (NTFS) . Everything worked fine and I transferred some data from the other drives. I then decided to attach the drive using the slave connector sharing IDE cable from HDD1. As both these HDDs are used for storage the jumper lug was removed from both HDDs.

When I booted up an IDE detection was performed (this does not usually happen during the boot sequence) and then I got the message "Error! Firmware not ready". I have all the latest BIOS and MB/chipset drivers installed. I then attached the 320gb HDD to IDE3 and system boots up but when I attempt to access this drive I get the error dialogue box "The disk in drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

How can I get the drive to work again without losing any data? Is there anything I can do by tweaking my system or is there software that will definitely work.

Also why did my system fail when I had the drives attached on the same IDE cable.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom