HDD doesn't spin, logic board heats

stepintoliquid

Solid State Member
this may sound like a stupid thing, but i left the house one day with my computer left on my bed, no way it could fall. i get home, my computer has been moved and there are marks on my floor. i ask my brother he says nothing happened. i reconnect the computer and it doesn't boot, no video either. i start working on it, the fans spin, no beeps from the RAM, no BIOS beeps, and i can't hear my HDD spin up, but i can feel it heating. is this a motherboard prob or HDD? thanks

hmm , well ther fact that everything else is a bit messed suggests mobo or psu , is everything seated corectly , cables tight in place

oh right i forgot to post the specs, damn i hate prebuilts
Desktop
Athlon 64 2.4GHz 3800+
Western Digital 250GB SATA
2.5GB RAM
350/300W PSU's(interchanging)
ATI Radeon x1650

The PSU needs to be a bit bigger, due to the card. Try a 450W. It could be your bro that has taken out the PSU or, the PC might have failed, but by falling? I don't think so.

Yeah, your brother might have something to do with this.. I threw a dell dimension out the 2nd floor window in stress and it came back up the stairs and worked but just a bit dented. That rules out the possibility of damage due to falling. Disasemble the whole shebang, make sure everything is there. If something is missing, erm, find it in your brothers room, and confront him. Maybe he sawpped out your harddrive with a broken one? (You said the HD heats but doesnt revolve?)

Back
Top Bottom