Hd Partitions?

CargoSlug

In Runtime
hey...im gona reformat b4 my new stuff comes in. ASUS SLi Dexlux AMD 4200X2 NVIDIA 7800GTX and is there any FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE program I could use to create a partition for al my mp3 and stuff so I dont loose it in the reformat.

I think itll have to have an operating system to be able to access files so just install something to your hard drive (linux will partition it before it installs so do that)

i believe from the last time that I checked if you are trying to set up a partition with xp, you have to format the drive to a partition, so you would lose all of the information when that happened... best thing to do... is use and external drive to back up or send all of your files to a friends computer while you reformat, may be asking for a lot, but it will be worth it in the end.

Trying to partition a drive with data installed is a bit risky and I don't recommend it at all... as with music files and or data files I would either back up to a slave drive or burn to disc.

that was what i was thinking, because to partition it, you are formatting the drive when you just do that partition setup.

Thats odd, when i installed windows on this machine right here i partitioned it and installed it right along with 98.. i took the files off the 98 partition and erased the os, "unpartitioned" as it were lol and i was set

are we talking about partitioning oriented programs or Operating systems that can partition? cuz xp did it for me *shrug*

Nevertheless, I wouldnt risk it, just because that worked on mine doesnt mean it would on yours id hate to give advice that caused someone to screw themselves over

Back
Top Bottom