HD and Blu-Ray

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
I have a quite old setup, but have a new 22" LED monitor which is full HD, i have a P4 630 3GHz which is overclocked to 3.6GHz, 2GB ddr2, and a 8800GTX, i would like to put a blu-ray drive in, would it run films ok? im running win7 64-bit, iv looked at the requirements but im still not sure, i will be using a HDMI cable aswel

requirements for powerdvd 10

The best 3D video, Blu-ray player & DVD player software

PowerDVD is tricky. I have issues running it on my HTPC with a Phenom x4 9600 and a HD 4850 x2. What happens is it works fine right after an OS install, then later it starts to lag when changing scenes.

Your 8800 will not work through HDMI unless you can somehow get it to support HDCP. Nvidia screwed the drivers up for it, so it is a pita. I gave up after a few hours of changing drivers and tweaking settings.

thats whats stopping me getting a ble-ray drive, the 8800gtx does support HDCP, but doesnt have any decoding capability so the CPU will have to do it and its only a single core

thats whats stopping me getting a ble-ray drive, the 8800gtx does support HDCP, but doesnt have any decoding capability so the CPU will have to do it and its only a single core

You can enable CUDA in powerDVD. It helps tons with video processing.

The 8800 says it supports HDCP, but good luck getting it working. I struggled for hours trying to make it work on my 8800 GS. You can always use VGA if you cannot get it working, but the picture quality suffers that way.

Back
Top Bottom