HD 4870 Review. Faster than GTX 260!!

worshipme

Golden Master
This thing is awesome! Price tag is $299, and it most definitely performs better than the $400 GTX 260, it even beats the GTX 280 on a few occasions (Bioshock, COD4, HL2), and this is only the 512MB card!
The memory works at a quad data rate of 900MHz x 4 = 3600MHZ, the core and maybe the shaders (we don't know yet) work at 750MHz. I looks quite good too.

http://www.expreview.com/topic/2008-06-24/1214282167d9273.html

I couldn't get the translator to work so you won't be able to read the text.

Fantastic :D

They're coming out tomorrow- right? Also, is there a "good" brand to go with? With Nvidia it's EVGA, for ATI I think its Saphire? I see a lot of people go with MSI and Asus however...does it matter that much?

They'll all be reference designs at first.

They'll likely be in high demand and low availability due to the GDDR5, so my advice is. As soon as you see one in stock, snap it up fast!

I had an X800 PRO before and I actually think I've had more problems with my 8800GT, and didn't a certain Nvidia driver cause over a third of BSOD's in Vista?

Worshipme, I also noticed how you said "only the 512mb card"...is there a 1GB version of the 4870? Is it slated for the same release date?

There will be a 1GB version, although don't expect it for another month or so as GDDR5 availability is still low.

Back
Top Bottom