The HD 4850's and the GTX 280's are out aready!

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I just checked on newegg.com and found the cards right there. I was like holy crap, ATI is fooling us on false information. I thought they were coming out on the 25, but I see this is a nice surprise.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048+4804&name=New+Product

I checked some reviews on it and it seems like a little beast of a card! Beats the 9800GTX slightly and its only $200!!!

The 9800GTX's are supposed to drop in price, but only EVGA has one at the price of $200.

I can't wait for the 4870, I will finally have a piece of hardware that can run Crysis on high without getting 5-15 FPS. :D

What your take on this card, for me the 280 GTX's are way too overpriced when a 2 card crossfire of these 4850's almost beats it.

PS: Why does Intel create Crossfire chipsets and amd create Nvidia chipsets?

Who's going to think about getting it or one of its family members?

What your take on this card, for me the 280 GTX's are way too overpriced when a 2 card crossfire of these 4850's almost beats it.
It does beat it. HD 4850 CF @ $400 beats GTX 280 @ $650.
PS: Why does Intel create Crossfire chipsets and amd create Nvidia chipsets?
Because Nvidia are arses at letting anyone use their technology. They will not give their SLI license to any manufacturer, mostly because otherwise, nobody would buy their motherboards. It appears that Intel have finally has enough of them are are not going to give them the details on the Quickpath technology. That means Nvidia will not be able to put out a Nehalem chipset.
Meanwhile AMD is simply giving CF to anyone that asks.

Back
Top Bottom