having problems with microsoft word

JORYLEE76

Baseband Member
my microsoft word keeps poping up the window that says something about C++ and having to shut down in an "unusual" way. then it tells me to contact the suport teams or some crap. has this ever happend to anyone? does anyone have any suguestions on who to fix this. i cant do anything with word now because i loose the file before i can save it or get anywhere with it?

This and your SP3 problem make me wonder if you have a virus or corruption of some sort, have you run virus scans??

This and your SP3 problem make me wonder if you have a virus or corruption of some sort, have you run virus scans??

I need to purchase another year of service from my viruse program (webroot spy sweeper). so no it hasnt happend as of late.. Im going through the steps of downloading the sp3 update and am doing the exe thing. hopefully that will work.. im thinking about just sticking in my office 2003 cd and redownloading over the top of and seeing what happens??? :confused:

Assuming this is your XP installation.

There are plenty of free scanners online, AVG free, Avast, Antivir just to name a few, I'd suggest you use one of those (disable your resident one, don't have two running at the same time) and scan your pc, there are also online scanners, Bit Defender, Panda etc.

Once you have scanned and before you reinstall office (and before you install SP3) do a system file check, it may be as simple as that.

Pop your XP cd in the rom drive, cancel auto run, Go to start > run > type in sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the / if it is not typed correctly it will not run) and hit OK.

It will scan your installation and repair any corrupt Windows System files.

Pop your XP cd in the rom drive, cancel auto run, Go to start > run > type in sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the / if it is not typed correctly it will not run) and hit OK.

It will scan your installation and repair any corrupt Windows System files.

i need to order it. when i bought the laptop i didnt get a cd with it. I'm not sure who to contact to get the xp windows install disk. but ill try and figure that out. thanks.

I don't know about your laptop but some of them have a hidden partition that you can make a restore disk from, does the documentation mention anything along those lines?

Other than that I'd be asking the vendor or the manufacturer direct

If your using spy sweeper as an anti-virus then I can almost guarantee that you have a virus. Spy sweeper is anti-spyware not anti-virus.

I would try reinstalling office and see how that helps.

If your using spy sweeper as an anti-virus then I can almost guarantee that you have a virus. Spy sweeper is anti-spyware not anti-virus.

I would try reinstalling office and see how that helps.

sorry. it is spysweeper with anti-virus. its done very very well. better then anything ive used in the past. I guess time will tell. i found 2 trogen gen they have been deleted. im trying to install the xp sp3 and then ill work on the word program.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom