Has anybody set up 2 monitors to watch TV and Surf the web?

joeeye

Solid State Member
Has anybody done this before, or knows how to do this?

I would like to hear from you, or how it went for you and what cards did you use and monitors?

If I can please get some tips and insight on what specifications my card should have so to get a good quality video for both web & TV viewing.

I've been reading up on this but nothing is better than your experiences first hand, and your knowledge alone.

If you can please give some insight with what the key spec's are to look for? I tend to focus on only the memory interface and ignoring the other specs like core clock, mem clock and so on. I need help on what makes an over all good package.

I want to watch TV on my PC monitor, then set up a second monitor to surf the web at the same time watching TV. With both monitors having their own sound speakers.

I'm looking at so many cards and find it over whelming with so much technical info, I don't understand what to get so to avoid buying short on performance, or buying hardware that will be an over kill.

Pretty much you need either a video card with 2 DVI out ports, or an ATI all in wonder series cards. If you dont play any games, then get an older version of the all in wonder card. If you play games, then get a high end video card (most have dual DVI outputs) and then a tv tuner.

just get a video card that supports dual monitor set up (which is most video cards..anything with 2 ports or w/e). and then id just get a tv tuner card which goes in a pci slot. u can run a cable cord right in there, like the back of your tv. then just set up dual monitor (really easy) and run the tv software (should come with card, if not, search the internet) on one of the monitors while web surfing on the other

Back
Top Bottom