Hardware Problem

ryby23

Solid State Member
My computer has stopped booting up. I hit the power button and it will turn on and then after about three seconds later it will shut itself off. I took apart my computer and resembled it one piece at a time. I found out that whenever I plug in my eight pin cpu power connector this will cause my problem to occur.

I built this computer myself about 6 months ago and have already had an issue with the cpu where it had to be replaced... I am wondering if this is another cpu problem or if this could be something else like the psu (doubting it...) or the motherboard?

I seriously doubt its the psu because whenever I dont have the eight pin power connector in the computer powers on fine...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just curious as to what you all think the problem is! Thank you for any and all help!!!

Case:NZXT LEXA S
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition Deneb
MOBO: ASRock 880GXH/ USB3 AM3 880G USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
VGA: Galaxy Geforce GTX 460 (Fermi) GC 768MB
HD: Samsung Spinpoint F3
RAM: 4GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline
PSU: Antec Earthwatts EA650 650w

Are you telling us that it works fine with the four pin or just that it doesn't work with the eight pin? Lots of PSUSs have both, try the four(if applicable). Is it POSTing? When you push the power button does the screen just stay black or what? If you're going to clear your CMOS consider the proprietary documentation from your mobo manufacturer's web site: ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/880GXHUSB3.pdf. There are lots of ways lots of companies choose to decide to CLR CMOS. Checking your manual is the only way to know you're going the right route.

Back
Top Bottom