Harddrive???Gaming???

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
K guys im building a new computer with a eVGA socket 939 nforce4 sli motherboard and it will have a 7600gt and a 3200+ processor...now im going to be gaming so do i need a good harddrive for good loading times?...also the motherboard has sata 3gb/s ports...now i dont know much at all about harddrives so is this the best input made for them??? or the fastest??? also im looking for 40-80gb's...not too much becasue i dont play too many games or well...just not looking to spend too much on a harddrive...maybe anotehr 80 later....but all i will play for a while is battlefield 2...half life 2...F.E.A.R...maybe Cod2 MohPA and other games that require pretty high graphics but i mean i just need a semi good harddrive...can u guys plz help me find one??? thx

i've never tried them.. but if you're just going to be gaming and nothing else.. i heard good things about the western digital raptor hdd.

thx u guys and that one u told me about gaming freak has great reviews and is perfect for my price range man...thx :)...but i will look at that raptor real quick...thx guys that was quick and great help :)

edit: also what is the cache for...also the bigger the better right??? thx

raptors are very expensive and in my opinion arent all that great, they must be noisy as hell, also the one i posted is sata2 which is the best interface at the moment

No, get the Hitachi Deskstar, it's the fastest 7200 rpm out there, I have tried a barracuda, a maxtor drive, and a western digital, all 7200, sata, the hitachi is best by far.

this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145088

or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145087

wayyyy faster than that seagate, the first is 160gb the second is 250gb, i've had both, and they scream. sata 3.0gbps, 8.5ms seek time, greatness. Even faster than most hard drives with 16mb cache.

the main thing that you will want to look at other than the data transfer rate is the seek/read time. that will make a somewhat large impact when starting programs of large size etc..

Also generally speaking, the spin speed will affect the seek/read time.

Back
Top Bottom