Harddrive...buzzing/vibrating?

Impruv

In Runtime
Well I made a new computer build and there seems to be 2 problems.
1) E8400 is running a little bit to hot than normal, idling at 50 degrees according to bios.
2) It's not recognizing my harddrive, and the harddrive seems to be giving a repeated bzzz noise every 2 seconds for about 15 minutes. Then it stops.

Seagate 7200.11 32mb HDD.

But it's weird because during the post is seems to recognize the harddrive but when I try to install windows, it doesn't detect the HDD.

Asus P5Q mobo.

Which Windows are you trying to install?

When you boot from the CD there should be an option to create and format a partition

It sounds like a bad drive.

Download SeaTools from Seagate to fully test your drive. You can create a bootable CD that will test the drive in DOS mode.

so let me just troubleshoot, the harddrive should have 2 connectors, one from the HD to the mobo, and one to the power. I'm connecting it to one of the SATA 3.0Gb/s ports.

At Atomic Rooster, that seems to be for the various external drives from maxtor and seagate. WIll it still work for an internal HDD ?

okay, after running the seatools program, It tells me that No Hard Drives were found but it detected 1 device. So does this imply my Harddrive is faulty?

It shouldn't be another part right? say, the mobo?

It only detects hard drives. If your drive is connected properly and powered up, it should have found it. From the sounds of it, your drive be dead. Time for an RMA if it's still under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom