Hard drive and video card suggestions

Everendless

In Runtime
Hard drives:
This is my idea.

1st drive: Will be used ONLY for the OS which will be Windows 7 Ultimate:
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G201 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM

2nd drive: Will be used for everything else (Games, music, videos, all programs):
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Video Card:

I'm still stuck on the video card. Ive waited so long to figure it out, ill soon have more money than I expected to have for it. Originally, I was aiming for no more than $400. But now, I might push for around $500. The only way i'll do so is if i'll get a substantial upgrade in quality, and FPS.
Also, I now want a card with eyefinity. But if getting a Nvidia is a better choice, ill do it.
$446
1st pick: HIS Turbo H587FNT1GDG Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card DirectX 11/ Eyefinity w/ Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Game Coupon

This was my first pick. Newegg brought the price up $55 from when I originally picked it out which is a downer. Plus, its out of stock.

2nd pick: HIS H587FN1GD Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Free Modern Warfare 2 game w/ purchase

$395
This was my 2nd choice. It has a ton of awesome reviews. But it does not have eyefinity. This one is in stock.

3rd pick: EVGA 015-P3-1482-AR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) SuperClocked 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Free Starcraft2 trial coupon w/ purchase

Im sure this one has the best performance. This one is $490.

Please, and thanks for the help!

Well, if the SSD is ONLY going to be for windows, then couldn't you get TWO smaller capacity ones, and RAID0 them?

Read/write -_- thats only part of it
The intel has higher IOps
Lower price per GB
overall better performance

Read/write -_- thats only part of it
The intel has higher IOps
Lower price per GB
overall better performance

Than i guess go with the slower one, up to you.And who needs 80gigs for an OS drive? intel has slower sequential write/read speeds than most OCZ drives, but it excels in random read speeds, so he/she has to chose what best for them.

But whats better? Sequential write/reads or random? And I was thinking like 40 or 60 gigs would be fine for the OS drive

Back
Top Bottom