Hard drive or Video Card ?

raham25

Beta member
i havent turned on my pc in weeks. today i turn it on, sounded normal but i look at the screen and it is still black. So check the connections... all the lights are on... i unplug the video connector and look for picture on the screen which says..."video unplugged ?"... so I plug it back in and still no picture. The computer seems to boot up for about 15 secs and then nothing... no more red light...still running nothing happens. no msgs on screen...nothing. The usuallt boot up time is about 30-45 secs. So is it Hard drive or Video Card or neither.

Either and or one or both. It can be a psu, a cpu fan, a bad memory, a bad video card or driver, a corrupt O/S etc. I afraid you will have to start from scratch. I would start with the cpu fan.

"The computer seems to boot up for about 15 secs and then nothing... no more red light...still running nothing happens"

That still worries me though, to suggest the computer isn't completing the boot up process for some reason, or in other words, the POST (power on self test) which is basically a series of tests to see if the computer is all ready to go, which might suggest the 15 second thing before it fails to boot...

If you had sound for instance, we'd be able to see if the sound kciks in with the windows start up to suggest its worked...

Back
Top Bottom