Hard Drive splitting

Austic

Baseband Member
I have a Western Digital 70GB hard drive, which was too small, so I bought a Hitachi 160GB hard drive. Now how do I split it into two seperate drives (F and C drive).

It's called partitioning. When you go to install windows XP (assuming that is what you are using) you have the option to partition the drive into as many drives as you like.

Now, if you just pop it in as a slave, and dont install xp on it, you can use Partition Magic, to partition the drives. Its very easy to use, and gets the job done..

Dev0115 said:
Now, if you just pop it in as a slave, and dont install xp on it, you can use Partition Magic, to partition the drives. Its very easy to use, and gets the job done..
Yep, partition magic works well. And I'm not sure about Hitachi drives, but my Maxtor came with a MaxBlast CD that has software for formatting and partitioning your hard drive, you could use that too if it came with something like that. Just if getting partition magic is not an option for you. The CD would be much more convenient.

Download it using bittorrent..

UH UH OH, uhm, I mean pay for it off their site, sorry. ^_^

Well you have to pay for it, but there are other way... :D

Anyhow, I love sharing files on limewire, legal ones that is ;)

Partition Magic can screw up your system or cause considerable trouble if not used with caution. If you're going to do a lot of operations at a time, be careful, since PM stopped working for me right in the middle and I had to spend two days recovering files.

Back
Top Bottom