Hard drive slave??

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello I have a freezing problem that only occurs now and then, but sometimes it can be frequent and other times I can be on my pc for ages before it occurs.

I have ran a memory test, but I have not ran it for that long, about 1 hours, no errors, by using memtest.

Not to long ago I put a 512 stick in that my dad picked up from his work, it was second hand, but I was not sure if it was that stick that was dodgy itself.

However I have lots and lots of stuff on my slave and I have re formatted my pc many times, but only the master and it still does it, I have always left my slave, should I just back up the whole slave and formatt it,

So I was woundering if it actually is a memory problem or because I have tons and tons of programmes and stuff on my slave hard drive.

One last question.

I know the master effects your computer if it's bogged down, but does the slave do the same aswell?

Try removing the 512MB stick from your system and see how it goes. It may have a bad section in it that's causing the freezing. :D

Yeah try removeing the 512mb stick and see how it goes or you could even try a disk cleanup and disk disfragmenter and see how that goes :)

It sounds like a memory problem, what the other guys sounds about right. Its all about systematicly going through all the possible parts that could be casuing the problem. It sounds long but if you have a basic knowlegde its pretty easy once you encounter problems like this more than once.

Back
Top Bottom