hard drive question

crippledchicken

Baseband Member
I just got the ELITE M9152P by HP which has a second hard drive not being used. this Vista is driving me nuts! I thought about putting xp pro on the second drive then, disconnect the Vista drive and connect the xp pro drive as the main and (only) drive. could this cause problems with my motherboard and, will i be able to go back to the Vista drive if i want to? Thanks! :confused:

No idea what that would do, but I believe you can just install XP and run it without having to completely erase Vista. Pros on the topic will chime in soon...but why not just do a clean reformat and start with XP?

Yes, you can install xp on the second hdd without any problems. My only question is why do u want to remove the first hdd with vista on it? you should leave it in there, unless you need it for another computer or something. Plus GhostGT was right you could just do a clean reformat with xp.

If he does that, he rewrites the MBR. You'll need to enter Vista Setup from Boot DVD and will have to fix the MBR again.

Or, get third party software that will either boot to Vista itself or a 3rd party Bot manager.

hello! and thanks for all the replys. my main concern is, if I apply the xp pro to the second drive, will I loose the high definiton feature on my HD monitor? I plan to leave the original Vista drive in place in case i decide to switch back later on. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom