Hard Drive problem

Josh Rider1

Solid State Member
I have a Seagate 160 GB Hard Drive, and I've had a problem with it for a while. My hard disk says there are only 5 GB of space available while when I search my computer folders, it only amounts to somewhere near 95 GB and I pretty much have 50 GB missing completely and I don't know what's using it up. Is there a way to fix this or an application to see what is filling up a hard drive.

Thanks.

check in your temp folder, there might be a lot of copied folders in there. i don't know if it will amount to 50 gb but you might as well check. also for OS' to run, it requires a certain amount of gigs, so don't be discouraged if your missing like 2-6 gigs

Did you partiton the drive, maybe you made a partition that isn't active and taking up space...

if you don't know how to get to the temp folder open run and type in

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp

i remember one of my friends had over 10 gigs of sh1t in that folder.

Just run the disk cleanup wizard. Also check in computer management and make sure you havent got some unallocated space on your HDD

Raffaz said:
Just run the disk cleanup wizard. Also check in computer management and make sure you havent got some unallocated space on your HDD

I only have about 25 MB in my temp folder as I clean it almost daily. Any other suggestions or programs I can use?

Back
Top Bottom