hard drive problem

barkeep

Beta member
hi there, i recently tried to install a newer hard drive on my computer. i first went into bios and set it to auto detect my new hd. and after a restart the computer did just that. my problem comes after that. i keep getting a message that says: "computer is in hibernation, would you like to continue? yes{enter} or no{esc}? at this stage, my computer will not take a key stroke!! i have tried every key on the board, combinations of keys, and every trick i can think of, but still it won't let me past that message. do i have to set up something specifically in setup, concernong the new harddrive, like jumpers, or sectors, etc? thanks for your time in advance!!

Rotfl.. I could be way off here, but try this:

Open the PC and take out the HDD. On the bottom there'll be a white sticker with lots of big dots. They'll say "Master, Slave and CC (or switch or something) ... with diagrams. Then, look on the back where all the cables connect for 6 pins. there should be 2 black caps over 4 of the pins, with 2 bare (like on the diagram for slave if this is a slave HDD) and for a master there should be 1 cap over 2 pins with 4 showing. If not, change this...

If so, I dunno what the hell is wrong :S Maybe there's a support problem?

something in your bios is wrong
"hi there, i recently tried to install a newer hard drive on my computer. i first went into bios and set it to auto detect my new hd. and after a restart the computer did just that. my problem comes after that. i keep getting a message that says: "computer is in hibernation, would you like to continue? yes{enter} or no{esc}?"
If your bios detects the hd then the jumpers are probably ok unless you have 2 masters set on the same ide port. If so make the new drive a slave.

Hibernation is set from the bios.

also check your keyboard plug to make sure its well connected, plug and unplug it a couple of times.

Nah Teren is right its most likely the jumpers on you hard drive. I am guessing you have another hard drive with this hard drive right?

On the white sticker there is diagrams as he said. and on the hard drive there is a place right next to the ide input that has a series of pins and with some jumpers in it.

You have to set one of your hard drives to the slave (slave is for secondary hard drives) and the other to master (master is for primary hard drives.)

if that doesnt work then just reply back.

Back
Top Bottom