hard drive error

Celticsfan

Banned
Hi, I keep getting a replace or repair hard disk. What is the command I can run to do this? I tried chkdsk /r with no luck. The drive is olny 1.5 yrs old.

thx

Well, chkdsk /f is supposed to scan for errors and fix them if possible. It is possible that your hard drive is dead, though. I use this application called HDD Regenerator to fix dying hard drives long enough to get the important data off of them before I end up replacing them.

Well, chkdsk /f is supposed to scan for errors and fix them if possible. It is possible that your hard drive is dead, though. I use this application called HDD Regenerator to fix dying hard drives long enough to get the important data off of them before I end up replacing them.

I used seagates seatools. Under smart check, short drive check and long drive test for my sata HD all failed. My 70 GB passed. I am assuming I can RMA it because it is only around 1.5 years old. Can I?

thx

I used seagates seatools. Under smart check, short drive check and long drive test for my sata HD all failed. My 70 GB passed. I am assuming I can RMA it because it is only around 1.5 years old. Can I?

thx

That would depend on the warranty that came with it. Actually, a year and a half is pretty good for a Seagate...

Back
Top Bottom