Hard drive cooling Q

Steemax

Daemon Poster
Ok, my computer was earlier restarting because my hard drive is overheating.. I have two one 7200 RPM 120g WD1200.. and one 5400 RPM Stalk 120g stock (seagate). I just installed the 7200 which is over heating to 60 degrees.. and i guess my bios is used to my cool 5400 RPM one which runs at 30 degrees at full load, so its shutting down from the heat of the 7200RPM. The Case is well ventelated, 2 case fans and one cpu fan, with 2 power supply fans. The CPU runs at 40 C Loaded. I know for sure the restarting is from the heat. I only have 2 3.5 inch bays available which are now taken up by the harddrives and don't have any room for fans.. I'm looking for any fixes (Ghetto accepted) or advices.

PS: I have searched to bios and cant find anything to help me.

ive also heard that mounting a case fan or something similar at an angle, if you mount it directly on the HD theres nowhere for the air to move, so if you mount it at an angle it blows directly on the HD and has plenty of area for the air to move, everybody has a spare case fan laying around :p

Here are some Hard drive cooling devices, I myself have never used one before. They look reliable.

Heres the link
http://www.acousticpc.com/hard_drive_cooling.html

or you could buy a whole new mounting system, depending on the amount of room you have in your Case. Is it possible for you to take a pic of the inside of your pc?

http://www.xoxide.com/hardrivcool1.html
No room in the case for anything that attaches to Harddrive I dont have any 3.5" spaces left open or 5". and no room underneath that area..
ive also heard that mounting a case fan or something similar at an angle, if you mount it directly on the HD theres nowhere for the air to move, so if you mount it at an angle it blows directly on the HD and has plenty of area for the air to move, everybody has a spare case fan laying around :p
ill try something around those limits.. ty for info.

No room in the case for anything that attaches to Harddrive I dont have any 3.5" spaces left open or 5". and no room underneath that area..
ill try something around those limits.. ty for info.

alrighty, dont be afraid to get a little ghetto when mounting it, nobodies gonna see it, but it does help a lot, it took my HD down 10c on 5v, so 12 would be a lot more

Back
Top Bottom