Half Life 2 problems

moondoggie

In Runtime
Hey everyone! My new computer is up and running and it's awesome! I am having problems with half life 2 for some reason. I have been playing it fine for nearly a week, but now, it goes to the begining loading screen, then it closes and goes to my desktop. Any suggestions?

Something got corrupted?

I don't know, can you reinstall the game without Steam complaining? Maybe the problem lies with Steam not getting content properly, that's well worth checking out.

i went to the steam forums and I guess valve is just standing around with their thumbs up their asses...Everyone on there is very irate, as am I! I could try to uninstall it and reinstall it, but I think the problem lies within steam...

Maybe it has something to do with your firewall? that was my problem yesterday...

Yeah, but not having a connection shouldn't make the game turn off like that, and would ask for a connection before starting if it couldn't get one.

I suggest to try a re-install and if that doesn't work, you may even have a dodgy copy. I don't think its Steam though, but you could try and re-install that too when you install the game again.

It is steam. I've been to their forum and everyone's having a problem since the 9/23 and 9/27 patches.

Weird... i haven't tried to get onto it recently. but are ou sure its that? Does the same thing with the people in the forum?

Weird. Do they have any suggestion of how to fix it?

I was just on steam yesterday and it worked fine. have you tried any other of the HL2 games(CS:S/HL2 deathmatch)? i know the newest patch caused some problems with firewalls but if you turned yours off then i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom