Guild Wars

Morglam

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Im am getting guild wars in the morning and i am wondering if my pc will be able to run it i have tried to run a trial version of it but had no luck in doing that. So if anyone is able help me and let me know if my pc has the power to make it work ok

Specs
Intel P4 Prescott 3.4GHz Socket 775
Ati Radeon X700 Pci-xpress 256MB
2GB Ram
400Watt PSU
Asus P5GD1 Motherboard

Thankyou for your time in reading my thread and thankyou for all your help in advance

Do you mean just run it, or run it on a high graphics setting? According to the system requirements I found online, yours should easily run it. Keep in mind that these are the "recommended" system specs, not the required.

guildwarsonline.com said:
Recommended System Specs:

* Windows XP/2000/ME/98
* Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent
* 512 MB RAM
* ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series with 64MB of video memory
* 500 MB free hard drive space
* Internet connection

And yes, the X700 is much better than the Radeon 9000, just for the record. It looks like it will be a breeze. You can probably get medium settings or medium-high even. But I don't have the game and haven't played it, so I don't really know.

Thankyou for the replies. Silly me i didn't think to look for the game requirements lol. I am going to go ahead and get the game thanks again

Your computer should easy run guild wars. Now if your having problems with grahpics or its shuting down, there are afew good things to check before playing your game. Check to see if your video card drivers are up-to-date. Now See what version of DirectX you have installed, make sure your internet router is not blocking any ports which GW needs to run. I had GW's running on my PC and it didnt have as much RAM as you do. Might of just been the crappy trial version you had.

Back
Top Bottom