GTX 570 vs. HD 6970

MERC767

Baseband Member
Well I was sticking with the 6970 for my build I am ordering the part next week and then I stumbled upon the GTX 570 sooo I really want to know which is a better deal? I am planning on getting a second vid card over the summer and I want to get the best Bang for my Buck. On the reviews they are so similar game performance wise and are in the same price range so please give me your suggestions.

I'd say the 570, but I'm a Nvidia fanboy. I like the Nvidia Control Panel better.
Well I really want to play ARMA 2 on decent settings (High-Very High) and I want a GPU that can perform that. I read some discussions and people said Crossfire and ARMA 2 don't get along well. I am kind of towards the 570 because of it's numerous awards and performance wise. But the 6970 has 2GB of VRAM and that is very appealing to me. Oh and by the way I am planning to SLI/Crossfire as well.

Well I really want to play ARMA 2 on decent settings (High-Very High) and I want a GPU that can perform that. I read some discussions and people said Crossfire and ARMA 2 don't get along well. I am kind of towards the 570 because of it's numerous awards and performance wise. But the 6970 has 2GB of VRAM and that is very appealing to me. Oh and by the way I am planning to SLI/Crossfire as well.

I seriously doubt that you will use more than 1gb of VRAM under any circumstances, if that. Just look up some benchmarks, and go from there. Also consider power draw and heat.

Back
Top Bottom