grounding

badninja3

Daemon Poster
how can i ground myself? like neutrlize myself. what can i touch?

im building my pc right now. i have everything setup on my kitchen table. but there's a thin carpet/rug under the table that i would be stepping on. would that be okay? or do i have to stand on a non-static-carrying surface?

Just touch a doorknob or something. Don't worry about static electricity too much. Everyone does and it's no biggy

okay, well its just that everybody talks about it and says that it can like silently and suddenly kill ur system. and wasting $800 isnt something that i would like to do.

I had my set up the same as yours is. Wood table, rug under neath. I took off both my shoes and sock, and every once in a while touched a doorknob next to me

Well, either keep on your shoes or take them both off. Socks would conduct static electricity easy as pie on that rug

just touch an unpainted part of the case to ground yourself.
And I'm pretty confused right now.. the first (about 5) computers that I built I never even thought about static electricity. All of these pc's worked fine. Then with my newest build I was really carefull, like touching the case every 2 mins or so. And my mobo didn't work (not sure if I broke it or if it was already broken when I got it) so I had to send it back. :D

cool. i got my mobo, psu, dvd, and hdd installed. now i gotta put in ram, vid.card, cpu, hs/f, pci stuff, and front panel stuff.

Back
Top Bottom