Graphics Cards

JLH757

Beta member
I am in the market for i new graphics card. I currently am using an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder and am looking to upgrade to something better. Ther Two cards I am trying to decide over andthey are the NVIDIA's BFG 6800 Ultra and the ATI X800 XT. Do I gain anything by going with one over the other? I have heard mixed reviews on each one. Also I was wondering if the performance is noticeable different form what I am using right now. Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

well before i was going to buy one i did a search on google, i typed in things like 6800gt vs. and 6800 reviews. to see what would come up and i believe i saw a comparison between the the cards you are interested in.

i have the 6800gt now and from what i read its the best for the money because it can be safely overclocked to 6800ultra speeds, which i am gonna do when i get some better ram... hope that helps.

by the way if you were wondering why nobody else answered your post its because your question is a common one and the answer can easly be found by searching..

but im just trying to get my post count up. he he

Why were you using a all-in-wonder?
isnt that for like TV or something??
and not good with gaming.....

oh yeah, and what do you do with your computer? games ? graphics?

Yeah I just build my comp. and its main use is gaming. I unfortunatly did not get PCI-E because my bro. already had a graphics card and i didn't want to spend more money than i had to. By the way I was leaning toward that Nvidia just because It was cheaper. So the best way to go is with the 6800 Gt and just over clock it, or is it better to spend a little extra and get it factory over clocked from BFG.

JLH757 said:
Yeah I just build my comp. and its main use is gaming. I unfortunatly did not get PCI-E because my bro. already had a graphics card and i didn't want to spend more money than i had to. By the way I was leaning toward that Nvidia just because It was cheaper. So the best way to go is with the 6800 Gt and just over clock it, or is it better to spend a little extra and get it factory over clocked from BFG.
its really up to you, i had the bfg 6800oc but i found that i couldnt overclock it nearly as high as the ultra, so i returned that sucker and got the gt, for the money i think its a bomb card. i havnt overclocked it yet because i dont have enough ram...

Back
Top Bottom