Graphics card for Pentium 3?

AshutoshM

Beta member
Hello! I have a Pentium 3 computer with Intel i810 motherboard. It is 866 Mhz, 512Mb SDRAM, 20+160 Gb harddisk which is originally showing 20+137 Gb, 16 Mb inbuilt video memory. I have only three PCI slots and not PCI-express or AGP. I want to install a graphics card to my computer. Please, tell me which graphics card should I buy which will support my computer and also I want to install a graphics card having memory of 128-256 Mb or it can be more also if my pentium 3 supports it. Also, do I need to upgrade my powersupply also to install a graphics card? I want to play games like Vice city, Underground. I am currently using Windows XP. For now I don't want to spend on a new computer and I am ready to spend for a graphics card.

it is a BIG problem that you dont have pci-e or agp. that makes it hard to get any performance in games.
i whould realy get a new PC if i where you. you dont have to spend alot of meney to get sommething that is 3x better then your pc. you could be luck to find a 3x better pc at the junkyard.
if you realy WANT a new supported graphic card. then maybe this one will do the job. http://www.itbankeurope.com/CLUB+3D+GF+8400GS+PCI+512MB+DVI[2B]VGA__/?price=asc
but for twice the money you can get a better PC at ebay.

and i dont think this card force you to buy a new PSU. how much Watt does it has. this graphic card dont use much watt because that it does not have its own power input.
it is getting the power from the pci slot only. cards today have 2x 6pin connectors and pci-e itself gives more power then pci itself.

Back
Top Bottom