Graphics card

prosser13

Daemon Poster
I am looking for a graphics card. I am a gamer but I also use the internet alot. I have a budget of up to £100 (~$165)

Does anyone have any recommendations? I play Half-Life 2, Half-Life, UT2003, and other games, so it must be good. If it could have a TV tuner, or leave money for one, that would be ideal.

that is a good budget to have for a graphic card and you can get a good one.

Here is an 8x AGP Card that should do the trick:
XFX Geforce FX5200 256MB AGP8X Graphic Card with DVI & TV-Out Retail

£59.46

Amazon UK

check out pricing on the ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 12mb pro i have that exact card and i love it, very powerful (although not the best card out). i play HL2 on it and im about to start playing doom 3, half life 2 works fine

i had a 5200 and i found that it would play games but had to be on lowest detail and it still was very choppy

A change of heart from me. I have decided to get a cheap graphics card (~£50), then save up to buy a £150 card.

The FX5200 has many bad reviews, so does anyone know another cheap card which will be able to survive for six months on HL2, etc?

good luck....i know the radeon 9200 will play it but every setting has to be on low and it can get very choppy...i played half the game before i got tired of it and bought a 9800 pro...but i dont have a lot of patience with games glitching.

Back
Top Bottom