graphic card not working

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
when i restarted my computer my graphic card didn't turn on! the card has power. i think my computer is in safe mode. it didn't say it entered safe mode. it won't let me turn me colour on high.

when i put the install disk in it shows that its already installed.

hmmm.... have u touched ur card lately... maybe its out of place... if ur comps is in safe mode it would be cleary shown with words that say... "safe mode". what kind of card and how old?

AMD ZEN says:

The OS is starting in VGA mode. When the PC starts up, hit F8 to get your startup options. Then, once there, hit LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION.

jac006 said:
hmmm.... have u touched ur card lately... maybe its out of place... if ur comps is in safe mode it would be cleary shown with words that say... "safe mode". what kind of card and how old?

It's like a week old. it's a MSI 6660gt

zoomtm said:
AMD ZEN says:

The OS is starting in VGA mode. When the PC starts up, hit F8 to get your startup options. Then, once there, hit LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION.

it didn't work. ihave no clue. tomorow i will take out my card and see if it will boot on the intergraded graphics. it's 1am right now and i have to get up for school at 7am. this is going to bother me all night.

It is because the VGA drivers are running.
You'll need to make sure the right drivers are installed for the card. One way is using the Device Manager in Control Panel, under System. This will make it easier once you have got the download or something since it'll search for the file, as long as its got an *.inf file within it. One way is to use the EXE from the driver download, and it might unzip them sort of to a location. Use this location to search for the driver.

Or try and run the EXE file for the driver and hopefully this will install it.

Download from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

This should work no probs though, so don't worry. If its doesn't you could try booting in Safe mode using F8 and installing the drivers from here.

If they've already been installed and were working before something happened, try using System Restore if you have anything later than WinME, and go back a day or so.
If you have this disabled turn it on within Control Panel and in System/System Restore tab. It fixes alot of Windows problems and should never be turned off, and this would be good for next time :)

Hope this helps

Access it by going to Start, Accessories, and then to System Tools. In here is System Restore.

Go back to when you think it was alright. Hopefully it would have created a few keys to go back to, and then just accept it...and basically wait. Hopefully when it starts up, it'll then say 'The Computer Has been Successfully Restored to..." and the date.

I hope it works for you

Thank you kage it worked everything is back to normal. thanks to everybody else too the helped.

Hey Kewl, Glad its working :)

Pointer:

If I were you now, I'd set up a new restore point using the System Restore.

Something worth mentioning for other people reading: If you ever wanted to clear checkpoints since there might be too many of them that probably wouldn't work anymore, you can delete them, and then simply create a new one.

Go to Control Panel, System, System Restore tab, and then select to turn off System Restore. It will delete all the checkpoints and then click to have it again.
Also in this menu is a Settings button allowing you to change the amount of space used for System Restore. If you can afford this, its best to have it full on to make the most checkpoints. Though having it half way would be good too if you had less space :)

You'd then just make a new point to go back to as everything is running as you want it to, just incase anything goes wrong in a few days time or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom