Graphic card, motherboard...killed? by me?

xxcastxx

Beta member
dam...kk so i was cleaning it up cuz my pc was reachingf 56C and overheating most the time...kk it was all good, i used a vacuum cleaner at times and a paint brush to remove dust...sometimes i SLIGHTLY soaked it ....(like there was no water dripping or anything) and cleaned it. Then i took out the graphics card cuz there was SO much dust on the top of it (i left my case open) and i brushed of some dust. The i reinstalled it.

i plugged it in and my monitor kept saying no signal...the pc starts, the internet (router says its working), im not sure if my keyboard is working either...

did i install it badly? it looked right to me..did ipress something on the motherboard or something?...

*sigh...if its the bad case i hope its something wrong with my card...but if its my motherboard prob...or both/...ahhh damnit.

plz help.

i looked at the pins...theve been moved on both sides...it seems to be snug... im going to try with an older card that was on my windows ME..see if it will work...

i dont think so.. ii just want to see if its a graphic card prob or motherboard prob..or both...how woul di do it without having to buy a new graphic card...i had an OOLD 16 mb vram card but it wont fit to the slots lol...so yeha idk how i would do it...

also i took of some wire connecting to the HD...and right now i dont think the HD is working...

Do you have, or do you know someone who has, another computer you can swap parts out with to test them? A neighbor maybe? I really hope it wasn't static.
I've had circuit boards get wet and work okay once they dried out, so I don't think a tiny amount of water would do too much damage, depending on where the water landed. Like, if it was near something with an electrical charge it might have caused a short.

yeah im about to take it BUT I HAVE NO ANTI StATIC BAG lol...sooo kinda risky...hopeuflly he can bring one ...and test out the vid card...if the vid card works on his pc..then its prolly my moytherboard eh? cause the mouse dosnt even light up...but some things do. like the usb and network

Back
Top Bottom