Graphic card for Asus P4P800 SE motherboard

namezox

Solid State Member
I know my motherboard is really really old but I really dont want to spend money on a new computer.

My graphic card recently burned out (geforce 6800) and i don't know what type of GPU slot is on my Asus P4P800 SE motherboard and what type graphic card fits on my motherboard.

Motherboard
http://www3.dealtime.com/xPF-Asustek-20773205

I am looking for a graphic card that allows to play CS:S with 100FPS and is not too expensive. Im not going to play those High End games: MW2, BioShock and etc; The old FPS games.

Any help/suggestions will be deeply appreciated. THANK YOU

Why do you want 100 FPS? anything aver 40 is good.

I recommend the HD 2600 pro AGP. Cheap and a really good performer.

It actually helps a bit with ridiculously fast paced games such as CSS, where you are moving your view around at insane rates.

Well, yes 60 is optimal, but for most people, anything over 40 fps really isn't detectable.

I am an exception to that when I have a migraine.

Yes, but like I said, in a game such as CSS where you are moving your view at a crazy speed, every frame counts. Also, you don't know what refresh rate the OP's monitor has. Normally I would agree with you that anything over 40 is just prettier and not by a large margin, but in this case the FPS are rather important, and the OP specifically asked for a card that could achieve it :eek:

I was gonna say the ATI HD 4670 comes in AGP 8x if you want that kind of power. It'll for sure get you 60-80 fps on CSS.

Thanks for the help guys.

I know my computer is ancient china old but trying to save money for a laptop instead (Acer 3820)

Back
Top Bottom