GPU Temperature?

Liminator

In Runtime
I'm running a NVIDIA 6200 256MB AGP 8X. I recently overclocked it and wanted to know how to findout what the temp was for the GPU.

I tried right clicking on desktop then going to "NVIDIA Display" but I can't find it there.

Any suggestions?

Temperature sensors may not be installed on that video card. Try going into Display Properties and click on the 6200 tab at the top. Then there should be a slide out window on the left. Somewhre in there should be the temp option.

I don't think you need Coolbits to view the temp. I thought about that at first. But if you do need that, it's a great OCing utility.

Hmmm, are you sure? I can't recall ever doing that with any of my video cards. Well, give it a try and see what happens. I use the CoolBits only for the overclocking feature though.

Here's something I found on that Coolbits website you linked:

"Q. I dont see the temperature settings, is this due to my card?
A. The temp settings panel is only available with cards equipped with thermal sensors. Some cards that I know of have temp sensors are 5700 Ultra, 5800 Ultra, 5900 non-Ultra and Ultra, and 5950 ultra. But really it all comes down to the manufacturer. I have seen some 5700 and 5900 without temp sensor, but mainly the cheaper XT/LX/SE versions."

That's what I said in the first post, but I don't know if the 6200 have sensors or not.

I already used CoolBits and used it to overclock but I wanted to check my GPU temp. So yeah I already have it but still don't see the temperature.

Hey I finally found it.

I used PC Wizard 2006 and looked where it said "nVidia Thermal Diode"

But its also overclocked so is 51° C is good?

What brand is your 6200? I had one and I know it had a temp sensor on it. If you do have one when you open the nvidia display window it would be under Tempreture Settings

My bad. I thought that you had to have Coolbits to check the temperature; I did. With my old 6600GT I had to.

Back
Top Bottom