GPU / CPU / Mobo.

Excellent choice for a cpu. You can overclock a 3200+ to a 3500+, I believe. It should handle moderate gaming and other multimedia tasks. Go for a ATI x850xt or a nVIDIA 7600gt. If you're on a budget a nVIDIA 6600gt should do you justice.

Edit: That cpu is AM2 socket. You need an AM2 mobo to work with that.

I think you should wait it out for a Conroe though. It's gonna blow anything AMD builds for a while, and the lower end models should be affordable.

Yeah but it's not a high end AMD.. only $99.. not a big deal. I only build a mid-range computer because of the new intels on the horizon. Didn't want to splurge on a high end AMD system just to have it whiped by an intel system that only costs a fraction..

PerfectSK said:
I think you should wait it out for a Conroe though. It's gonna blow anything AMD builds for a while, and the lower end models should be affordable.
i second that, also go with a 7600gt, its a very affordable card and it plays the latest games very well

Okay, so 7600 GT and a conroe, that sounds good, do you know how much a good conroe would cost? Would it even be in my budget?

Edit > And wouldn't I have to get a new mobo?

Back
Top Bottom