Good single-slot VGA cooler?

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Currently, I'm using my integrated sound card. I want something a bit....better.

I have a few free PCI slots (2 I think); however, both of them are covered by my GPUs' dual-slot heatsink. Therefore, I'm looking for a single-slot (I don't think it would ever be truly single slot...it just needs to be thin) cooler for a 4870 HD...does anyone have any suggestions? Also, some suggestions for an audio card would be great as well (I don't care about the card's performance in games, I care about music).

Thanks!

That's going to be very difficult. The HD 4870 is a pretty hot card and it won't be easy finding a single slot cooler that will cool it sufficiently.

Something like the Thermaltake Duorb may work, but just make sure you get some sinks for the PWM area, as that's the part that really needs the cooling.

That's going to be very difficult. The HD 4870 is a pretty hot card and it won't be easy finding a single slot cooler that will cool it sufficiently.

Something like the Thermaltake Duorb may work, but just make sure you get some sinks for the PWM area, as that's the part that really needs the cooling.

Yeah, I was thinking :p I need to take some measurements to see how much it actually needs to slim down....A reviewer says it cooled down his 4850 significantly....so I think it should be ok for my 4870.

Back
Top Bottom