Good remote?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I'm considering building a video player out of my old PIII system(it should be more than powerful enough to play most any file) I have a GF2 in it with a great TV Out, so it'll work fine on the TV...

My real question is does anyone know of a good remote that allows me to control whatever programs I want to use? I don't want one that's limited to specfic programs, perhaps one that the buttons can be programmed to do certain keyboard commands. I will be using Media Player Classic for everything, so keyboard commands would work fine.

DUDE! That's cool but look at what I'm using! A PIII!!! LOL, my TV is some older one from 96! That remote is probably worth more than both the computer and TV put together!

The_Other_One said:
DUDE! That's cool but look at what I'm using! A PIII!!! LOL, my TV is some older one from 96! That remote is probably worth more than both the computer and TV put together!
I'm still shakeing my head at that one for "only $329? whow.
If 10 options is enough then maybe a Gravis usb Gamepad will do it.
You know Play.Pause.Stop,ffwd etc.
It will match any players key commands
Yes i said Gamepad,but it will do more as it's Direct X controlled.
Sorry but there not cordless yet.
$ 20 to $ 40 .Cdn. :D

alvino said:
Holy crap that thing is expensive...expensive, but nice. :D
Nice How ?
You start a 1 1/2 hr movie,sit back and watch it.
What else is needed ? A quick spacebar will pause and unpause.
Did you follow up the demo.You have to register and be connected to use it.

woh :eek: I like the screen though. Would probably make it really easy, but would this only be compatable with a media centre pc? not just a computer with a graphics card with a basic tv tuner?

if you use an IR port you could probably get or make a program to trap the signals from your regular remote that you already have, then it's just a case of relaying those signals to the video playback software...

you can get plenty of smartphone type reomte controll apps if you have a phone with IR, and you could maybe fine a blue tooth adaptable one...

Yeah yeah, I've used my phone as a remote and would use that but the darn thing only has USB... It's a cheap one...

I have an IR remote for my system, a creative DVD, or soemthing like like. It's a POS, but it worked at one point. I read that some software was compatable with it, but now every time I try to teach the computer a command, EVERY button brings up that command(well the OSD, but nothing happens) I got my TV out all setup and all the cables handy to connect it to my TV... All that's left is to get a darn remote to work -.- Oh, and a DVD player. It's a pain playing DVDs over the network.

Back
Top Bottom