Good PC for the money?

rpeters831

Beta member
I'll admit, i'm not much into gaming but i want to get more into it. I'm also in the market for a new PC. I know i want something with a decent graphics set and a core 2 duo processor. I was on newegg and found this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883227011

It has dual 256 MB cards in sli and an E6400 processor. Does this look like a good deal? Please advise, as I'm not a hardware guru. Thanks.

welcome to the forums!

That seems like a decent comp. I would just build my own, i dont like Xion cases, flimsy, not built very well. And it is A LOT funner building your own. If you want you could give us a budget and well give help you out with the parts.

yeah if you built your own i bet you could spend that but have 2gb's of ram or the e6600, both would be big jumps...id go for both if you have the money

whats the budget?

It is a nice computer there, but as the others have said, and if your willing it is by far a better experience, more fun and a most importantly a fair amount cheaper to build your own. You get the peace of mind of knowing exactely what is in YOUR computer, and will definately get more performance for the buck...
Just whip us with a budget and we'll get you on your way

Matt

Yeah, if you are even thinking about building, do it!!

But that is a pretty good PC. Could be built for much cheaper though.

rpeters83 said:
I'll admit, i'm not much into gaming but i want to get more into it. I'm also in the market for a new PC. I know i want something with a decent graphics set and a core 2 duo processor. I was on newegg and found this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883227011

It has dual 256 MB cards in sli and an E6400 processor. Does this look like a good deal? Please advise, as I'm not a hardware guru. Thanks.

Yeah pretty good PC to buy. Decent graphics, good CPU, good amoutn of RAM. I'd buy it.

Also guys...let's put 2 and 2 together...if he's willing to spend $1200 on a new PC, what do you think his budget is? :rolleyes: *cough* $1200 *cough*

Back
Top Bottom