good overclocking RAM

golf_addict73

In Runtime
well i need to find some great overclocking RAM for somewhere up to around $125.....Whatever the best out there is would be great...opinions and suggestions are needed greatly......I will overclock my new computer i just need to know the best kind of RAM to go with it so i can get the most out of my overclock...I already got my mobo and processor and they can be overclocked very good.....I just need help in RAM which is the best and what would be awesome for overclocking

now don't the clock speeds matter......I think DDR 500 was to fast to run with my computer......What about Corsair or OCZ....are any of their products good for overclocking...Come on people i need lots of suggestions

ok....so if i bought this memory.....it would be better to just get 1 stick of 1GB instead of 2 sticks of 512....I probably won't put much more than a gig in for a while but would there be any benefit in putting in 2 sticks and having dual channel.....or would it be better to just use the one stick.....I still wonder.....can you explain to me why this DDR500 would work even though the clock speed is higher than the DDR standard of my mobo(i'm new at this if you haven't noticed yet)

Yes you would see a benefit in having 2x512 so if you are going to have 1 gig for a while go with that. And when you use DDR 500 memory it is clocked back down to DDR 400. So when you overclock your processor it is easier on your memory because it isnt running at full speed.

EDIT: The only thing is, is that you aren't going to be able to find much DDR500 ram for under $125, because that is usually higher performance ram which costs more. Here is some pretty good ram a little over $125 though...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146950

So if i could find some corsair or OCZ that has DDR 500 thats what i should get....and I should definatly get the 2x512 because it will give me added benefits...I don't find myself needing andmore than that for a long time.......Thanks.....Now if i was to stick with the DDR 400 that would still work the same it would just have to work harder when i overclock it.....i won't be overclocking right when i get it....i might not even do it at all but i am going to try and see how it works.........What kind of DDR 400 2x512 do you recommend for some good high quality RAM

is there like a set ratio that you need to use when overclocking your cpu and ram, what i mean is that if I overclock my cpu from 2.4 to 3.0 then do i need to increase the speed of my ram to a certain speed, and my mobo only supports up to 400 for the memory speed so how can i even oc any memory on my mobo.

Back
Top Bottom