Good laptop for home use (web browsing, looking @ pictures, etc, no gaming)

andrew26

In Runtime
So yeah, my mom wants a new laptop (no gaming... durrrrrrrrrrr) she likes to type stuff and look @ pictures, watch videos on the internet, etc.
Here's what she specified:
Not an extreme $6000 monster
Less than $1000
Not any of those loser brands like gateway or dell.
And she obviously doesn't care about processor speed, but I don't want it crashing on her so dual core please, and she doesn't need a 4870 in it anything would be fine.

Uhm. How bout a dell? Or a Mac if you wanna spend $1000. Or any laptop from $400 to $1000

Seriously man, what you just described is pretty much the average budget laptop. I doubt a $400 laptop will make picture looking experience any worse than the $1000. Just go to like best buy and get one for like $500. Just make sure it has adequate ram and hard disk space and you're good to go. :)

Unless you're concerned about weight,size,ect.

Oh yea...That's a crazy rig that you have. How much you spend for all the parts?

Uhm. How bout a dell? Or a Mac if you wanna spend $1000. Or any laptop from $400 to $1000

Seriously man, what you just described is pretty much the average budget laptop. I doubt a $400 laptop will make picture looking experience any worse than the $1000. Just go to like best buy and get one for like $500. Just make sure it has adequate ram and hard disk space and you're good to go. :)

Unless you're concerned about weight,size,ect.

Oh yea...That's a crazy rig that you have. How much you spend for all the parts?
$6400 :p

Or any price for that matter :p

Usually the people who make that assumption have never used a Mac or Mac OS. If they have, it's usually for an hour or two. The same goes for people who haven't used Windows Vista and Windows XP.

i agree you wont find a worthwhile mac for that price
i think your best bet is with dell , nothing wrong with their laptops i have one and it runs fine , have a look at their inspiron line or even their studio line should be able to get one under $1000 for what you want not problem

I'd recommend a Dell. Dell Inspiron, Dell Studio [a bit more pricey, but, a lot of fun, easy features].

I DO NOT recommend a dell.
I think you should go with Asus, Toshiba, Acer or HP.
They have some cheap laptops, just browse around their site.

would reccomend asus acer and hp but not toshiba IMO there laptops arent quality any more

Back
Top Bottom