Is this a good laptop?

plus notice they say 4000Mb of RAM on the top of the page?

Read the specs and what it actually says is that it comes with 2Gb but can be upgraded to 4Gb max....

a bit sneaky of them tbh

OMG, we were just looking at new laptops last night!!! Here's a good one I configured for less than a thousand dollars. And it's a Vaio too.
Forget that link from above. Rip off.....

I'm going to assume you want basic use out of it: internet, office suites, mild to moderate gaming, movies, CDs, and things like that.

Sony Vaio CR series:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...Id=10151&langId=-1&LBomId=8198552921665239971

I would accept the default config, but if you like, get the upgrade battery pack for longer battery life, upgrade to 2GB of RAM, and get the free engraving. It's so cool looking.

ISOwner - Find another manufacturer besides Sony. They've been putting a bunch of bloat on their systems lately (more so then Dell) that literally slows their system to a craw.

For that reason, I try to avoid them.

I would get the lappy esa193 suggested. It is in the same price range, but it has better features. It has a 17 inch screen compared to a 13 inch, only downside to that is battery life. It has a 40 gb smaller hard drive, but it is faster, so it reduces the bottleneck. It has a better graphics card that is completely dedicated and doesn't take the systems RAM. Probably the best feature: It comes from a more reliable place than eBay. What you buy from Newegg, you can pretty much guarantee it will work, and if not, you can send it back and replace or refund it.

Back
Top Bottom