Is this a good graphics card

Mike Nowakowski

In Runtime
I have a Intel Extreme Graphics 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller with MB ram but i looked on the internet and it acted like it was a good graphics card i have been using it for a wile because its built into the motherboard i want to get another one but is it worth it i use simulation games by Microsoft.

I have a Intel Extreme Graphics 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller with MB ram but i looked on the internet and it acted like it was a good graphics card i have been using it for a wile because its built into the motherboard i want to get another one but is it worth it i use simulation games by Microsoft.

That's not a graphics "card". It's integrated into the motherboard and shares system RAM. If you want to be able to play intensive games, or play at a high resolution, you'll need a dedicated graphics card. If all you are playing is Microsoft simulators, I can probably recommend a decent one for you. Shouldn't be to expensive for that type of gaming, but I'll need to know what your motherboard is as we need to know if it's an AGP, PCI-e, or, god forbid, PCI slot that we need to fill.

The motherboard is the default one that came with my 2004 Dell Dimensions 2400 and yes its a PCI i got 2GB Ram and its only a 200W power supply i might get a new power supply.

Yup you might need a new one for a graphics card. But you forgot to answer one of my questions. Is it just microsoft simulators you a planning to run?

To be decent, I would recommend this which requires a 300W PSU. It's up to you, but you are going to look at spending $100+ either. If that old 2400 is worth it to you, then I'll recommend a PSU.

So yeah a 9800GT or a 250 GTX will suit you good....

Pay attention please. He's only got a PCI slot. :rolleyes:

is there a way to increased the amount of RAM that it shares with the computer its only 64MB and i have 2GB of RAM on board and would this make the graphics better or the thing just faster

Back
Top Bottom