Is this a good first build?

errrmm no. It is a small form factor case which means it is tiiiiny. Needs half height cards and overheats very easy cause there is no space inside. Personally i would steer well clear.

You're probably going to spend an additional $300 in parts after you get that because it's missing the CPU, RAM, and HDD. I don't think I would get that for a first build because you don't know anything about the motherboard. I never heard of a small form factor DVD drive. Hmmm, I would just forget about that and just get a budget Dell PC from their main website or just build one from scratch. That way, you what parts are in your PC. How much are you planning to spend anyways?

You're probably going to spend an additional $300 in parts after you get that because it's missing the CPU, RAM, and HDD. I don't think I would get that for a first build because you don't know anything about the motherboard. I never heard of a small form factor DVD drive. Hmmm, I would just forget about that and just get a budget Dell PC from their main website or just build one from scratch. That way, you what parts are in your PC. How much are you planning to spend anyways?

Probably around $800-$1000 just gonna do it a little at a time. I had a list put together here what i was initially going to go with....

Tower-http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=CA-SW2-K&cm_mmc=Sortprice-_-Cases-_-ComputerCases-_-CA-SW2-K
Processor-Intel 2 Duo $165
MotherBoard-Asus Striker Extreme NForce-$300
2GB of Ram
320 GB hard drive
Video Card-256mp Nvidia GeForce 800GTS-$114
Sound-Sound Blaster Extreme-$140
Ect....

Wooooo, you can get a pretty good PC going then. Yeah, forget that Dell on eBay. It's a bad deal for anyone.

The list you have is pretty good. As long as that motherboard supports your Core 2 Duo CPU, you're all set. I'll have to put together something for you later....I'm watching Minority Report on TV right now......

Wooooo, you can get a pretty good PC going then. Yeah, forget that Dell on eBay. It's a bad deal for anyone.

The list you have is pretty good. As long as that motherboard supports your Core 2 Duo CPU, you're all set. I'll have to put together something for you later....I'm watching Minority Report on TV right now......

Thanks! Yea im pretty much stuck with the case though, im highest bidder. Maybe I can try and re sell it though.

Not necessarily. Alot can happen in 15 hours. People like to snipe on eBay and you'll probably be outbid in the last few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom