Is this a good deal?

ja_moro

Solid State Member
Is this a good deal? someone is offering me this computer.

Hi,
I may have one here for you!
Its an Acer Aspire 5315
15.4" widescreen, Celeron 2.13GHz, 2.00GB ddr2 memory, 120GB Sata harddrive, Wireless and a DVD burner.
Its running Windows 7 ultimate, Office 2007 and Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus.

It is in great working condition but the computer has scratches on the lid, the lid also does not latch shut and some stickers on it too and because of these cosmetic things I will part with it cheap!

How does $60 sound to you?​

I myself would not buy it. However, I am a gamer and it has zero gaming potential. If you just want to email and surf its fine. However, it might not even work with HD youtube content.
If the battery fully charges and works for its recommended time then $60 sounds fine. I would haggle to $40. (If the battery does not work it is worthless.)

Yeah just looking for a cheap computer for my GF, she is going to be doing some on-line schooling and the current computer she has looks about 100 years old lol and runs VERY slow. do you think this will work well for her?

I and my customers have had bad experiences with Acer laptops. The hinges tend to snap due to sub-par screws. However, if she is just doing light online schooling; nothing too big like design or Photoshop type things then its fine. However, if the course requires more than just word and some PowerPoint then you might find it to be as slow as that "100 years old" computer.

Yeah she will be writing essays and things like that. shes not a big computer person and does not game at all. the most she does is watched you-tube vidoes.

Back
Top Bottom