Good Day

tetrahydrex

In Runtime
Good Day: Everyone.

I have started a project that would enable me to use a 1987 Computer's Chassis as a new one with the best cooling of it's type and to be the strongest of it's type, with a new Motherboard/Mainboard and Processor.

Please don't attack me about it's age :(

The PC's specs/name are/is:

Intelligent Data Systems (IDS) PC401 Turbo.

Chassis Type: PC, Desktop that the monitor is placed on top of.

Processor (not necessary), Intel 8088, 8MHZ Clock Speed.

Graphics Adapter: Monochrome. Expansion Card.

4 5 1/4 Drive Bays (one reasons why I want to set it up).

One specially designed fan air outlet.(pointed downwards, another reason for me, no dust, literaly).

It uses a very large power supply unit, similar to that of the Compaq Deskpro 575.

It already contains a 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive.

It supports a 3 1'4 Floppy Drive.

Could anyone advise me on this?

Well, um.... what are you going to be using this for; because, I don't think it would have much use beyond a basic calculator.

Good Day: spank_fusion.

I would use it as a special Computerized Entertainment System. (pardon my bad language).

I would upgrade the Motherboard/Mainboard and Microprocessor.

Instead of using the old ones which are quite aged.

My plans are to install a new Power Supply Unit, Motherboard, and Processor, but I am just a bit confused where cooling ducts are concerned, and more, as I have never done this before, yes, I have done air related things like making air conditioners, air filters, simple engines and so on, so hopefully that is enough for this.

I was hoping that you could advise me on this.

It may sound stupid but I really like the case and the design as it enables me to do so much.

If you believe that my idea is impossible, then I will turn it into a low power consumption stereo with a control box type design, 12V, 10000 watts maybe.

But I really would love to do one of those things.

Could you advise me further?

Thank You.

:)

:)

Back
Top Bottom