god im confused air cooling vs water cooling

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok im like realy confused i dont know if i want air cooling or water cooling i some some basic advantages to both but i still have no clue whats better

this is what i know air cooling is more cost effiecant and less hazordus and with the right hsf you can work wonders

water cooling i think from what i know cools better and i can cool more thing with one kit or a kit i put together

yes i do intend on overclocking im getting a q6600 and i want to oc it as far as i can im not worried bout noise lvls i just want a really cool (temp) system

heres where my problem comes into play i want to cool my cpu vid card north bridge and south bridge basicly what ever i can cool and with a water cooling set up i can cool basicly anyhting the make a block for as with fans and heat sinks i have to buy a sepreate fan for everything and run more wires

im really leaning towards water cooling but i want to put a kit togeher from scratch not buy a kit with everything in it i want to be able to pick and choose parts but i dont know what all parts i need now if i build a kit my self could some one plz make a list of parts i need to cool cpu vid card north bridge south bridge ext im not to worried bout the price

thanks for the help guys

i really think you should go with fan cooling because i just cant risk having a leak and your computer might stuff up totaly or if there is a leak that means there is no water. no water = overheating. overheating = Dead CPU/motherboard

Then again most water cooling kits come with warranties and they will replace all of your system hardware if it leaks, plus if you usually hook all if up right and tight, you should be just fine. Water cooling is well worth it if you are going to build a high end system and do some intensive stuff, otherwise, just use air. :rolleyes:

How far do you want to overclock? If you really want good cooling, buying a watercooling kit is a huge waste of money. It's not worth it when it's only a little better than air cooling. If you want a kit, get one of these:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/wacoki.html
They're awesome kits with hand picked parts by water cooling experts, and they have everything you need.

Have you ever overclocked before? If you're not an experienced overclocking, water cooling is probably a waste of your money...

The main problem with just getting a good HSF is that your chipset will get hot and hold back your OC. If you can get a good chipset HSF, you'll probably be doing pretty well.

It's really simple when it comes down to making a decision. If you are an extreme overclocker, get it water cooled. If you like to keep it stock of just do simple OC, keep it air cooled.

Back
Top Bottom