Give you Advice on this Idea of a New PC.

DarkBlade1

BSOD
Ok, I have an awesome PC as of right now, but I want something a WEEBIT more powerful.

So, here is my idea. I want to sell my current PC on ebay and under my companies name, DarkBlade Computers LLC.

Here are the stats on it:

AMD Athlon64 3500+ Winchester Core

1 GB (2 x 512MB) Crucial Ballistix DDR400 PC3200 RAM in Dual Channel Mode

Twin nVidia 6800GTs OCed to Ultra Levels by Leadtek with CUSTOM Zalman Cu 700 coolers installed with AS5 Thermal Compound.

SkyHawk POWERONE 620 watt PSU with Passive 50watt Power and Overvolt/watt protection and Triple 12v rails. 24pin ready

ABIT AN8 FATALITY SLi Motheboard with 4x SATAII 3GB/sec connectors with LOCKING mechanisims, two 16x Full speed PCI Express Slots, nForce4 Ultra SLi chipset, OTES cooling package, OTES Slipstream GPU Cooling Solution, and uGuru 2005 FATAL1TY Ed, and MAX AUDIO 24bit 7.1 PCI Express Soundcard FATAL1TY Ed.

ThermalTake Tsunami Dream Silver Mid ATX Tower with SideWindow

120GB Maxtor SATAII Configured DiamondMax SATA HDD with FULLY LEGAL WindowsXP Pro installed and configured.

DVD+-RW/+R/-R/DL by Rosewill

DVDROM by Rosewill

Kingwin Liquid Cooling system configured for AMD K8 Processor and Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound used.

NEC 3.5" 1.44MB High Speed Floppy

2x 120mm Fans, 1x 90mm Side Window Fan, OTES Slipstream GPU Cooling, Radiator 90mm Cooling Fan, dual 40mm PCI Fan with Blue LEDs and speed control.

TOTAL PRICE= $2,650-$3,000

Upon selling this, I will build this:

AMD AthlonX2 4400+ Dual Core CPU

ABIT AN8 FATAL1TY SLi Motherboard

2GBs Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR500 PC4000 Extreme Performance RAM

Twin nVidia 7800GTXs in SLi Configuration

SkyHawk POWERONE 620watt Triple 12V RAIL PSU

SoundBlaster Audigy4 Pro Soundcard

ThermalTake Shark Silver Mid ATX Tower

ThermalTake BIGWATER Liquid Cooling System

SO, what do you guys think? Should I do this?

that would be really cool if you have the money but if I were you I would just wait for a little bit cause prices on all that are gonna drop and the one u have now is already really good. If you have the money then i guess so.

Oh god, that would be a great build if you can afford it. It looks pretty pricey and I haven't even looked up the specs for it yet. For the memory, I like Corsair's XMS Xpert RAM because it has the LED info displays. I'm sure you will let us know the results upon completion.

Well, I will be selling my current PC to some idiot on eBay for 3K, so I won't be out a dime to be exact. :D I totalled it up on newegg.com and it comes to $2,917 with FedEx ground shipping included. Hmm... I don't know what to do! If I wait longer, the price I can sell my PC for also drops, so it will turn out even in the end.

Thats an awesome, but wat a bout crossfire or wat a bout the r520, i'd wait for both those to come out and then make a decision!!

The build sounds awsome. But have you checked out on whether or not the ABIT AN8 FATAL1TY SLi Motherboard has a bios update to handle the dual core proccessor? I couldn't find much on it at a cursury glance. I did find where the LanParty NF4 SLI-DR came through the dual core bios upgrade without a hitch. The Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe board had some difficulty with the upgrade but after a couple of more bios upgrades it seemed to perform in a compatable fashion along with the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR board.
Also, a quick look at the specs shows that the board uses DDR400 PC3200 memory and doesn't support the 2GBs Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR500 PC4000 Extreme Performance RAM that you have listed.
But all in all it should be a screamer. Out of curiosity, what case did you have in mind

Hey tell that idiot that you know a friend with a good system specs in cig. I'll take 1,500.

Back
Top Bottom