Gigabyte SATA Problems

the deceived

In Runtime
Hi guys. I am currently building my PC and well I am having huge headaches at trying to configure my Gigabyte motherboard to start up Windows using only one SATA hard drive.

Everytime I boot up, it says press enter to start Windows on your computer, and then it says it cannot detect a hard drive :(

Anyone got ANY ideas at all??

I have disabled all the RAID functions and it's still not working :( Please, anyone??

You probably have to install the drivers. Use the motherboard CD to get the correct driver files onto a floppy. Then when the Windows installer is loading, press F6 when prompted at the bottom, and it will give you an option to load drivers. There should be a readme on the mobo CD somewhere giving you more specific info for your motherboard. Check the directions, too.

I knew it, haha!!!! Remember in the previous posts I said that you may encounter this problem? I also had problems too with my GIgabyte board.

When you boot the PC up, do you see the "Press F10 to configure RAID" or something like that? Press F10 and select your drive. It will recognize it at that point.

I've tried using the drivers from the CD and then putting them onto a floppy drive. The prblem is that as this is my first build, can someone tell me what drivers I need?

Spank_Fusion, I've had a look at a thread you started earlier and you had problems with the SATA HDD and your Gigabyte Motherboard, can you tell me how you got it started?? Or what drivers you used?

Well, in my case, I finally found out that RAID was turned on when I didn't have a RAID setup. That's what confused Windows, and once I turned it off, the drive was recognized even without any drivers. It was quite frustrating though - especially after I had tried every single driver on the driver CD.

Like I was saying, there should be more detailed directions on which driver to use and things like that on the motherboard CD (look for readme.txt). And yeah, TRD posted the link to some drivers. Once you find out which one to use, you can download from there or copy from the CD.

Thanks for the advice guys but I got it fixed :D Lots of tinkering, but it's working, but can you read my newest thread called Very dissapointed...

I need help on what's wrong with my system :(

Seems like we all encountered the same SATA problems. We also all use Gigabyte motherboards. Coincidence? It's just a picky motherboard when it comes to installing the drive.

Yeah, Gigabuyte really need to sort out thier boards, it took me nearly two hours to firgure out how to get it to work :( Not good, but it's a great mobo when it's working :D

Back
Top Bottom