Getting new ram. need some advice!

The CAS in CAS Latency stands for 'Column Address Strobe'. It is the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particular memory column on a RAM memory module, and the moment the data from given array location is available on the module's output pins. In general, the lower the CAS latency, the better.

Source: Wikipedia EN

Looking at the selection of RAM you have provided.

The RAM set with the lowest CAS latency of "8" is the Patriot Viper II Sector 7. The rest of them are "9".
You probably won't see any difference at all chosing the Patroit Viper II, so in terms of one that I would reccommend out of the selection you have provided it would be the Corsair Dominator set.

Why?

Yes the CAS latency is 9. But the brand (Corsair) is more well known which can only be assumed as being more reliable than "Patriot" (the brand name of the set with latency = 8).

Hope this helps =)

that is a nice although the picture on the crucial site is a bit confusing. the once on the bottom is the one you actually get. 1600mhz at cas 8 is pretty decent.

woah, hmm i have an intel i7 920 2.8 running on a asus p6t motherboard. Is there a limit on memory speed on the i7?

Back
Top Bottom