Getting ino the bios on a gateway

When your computer starts up, there should be a screen like a welcome screen that most likely says "Gateway" on it... There should be a message somewhere that tells you to press a key to enter "configuration" or something like that. Most likely, that is the BIOS. Look around closely though! On mine, since I custom build my PC, says "Asus" and in white lettering on a white background it says "Press delete to enter setup", and I find it really hard to see. It took me a while to find the writing.

Hope that helps.

-Jamxx

Gateway has been known to use the "delete" key, but some of the older units use either F8 or F10. The problem you will experience is that you will have to try each one of these, and you will have to reboot for each one. You will have to tap the F8 key rapidly and keep tapping it until either you get the bios screen, or Windows XP starts up. If you get XP starting up, reboot and go on to F10. Then 'Delete", then try calling Gateway.

We have them at school, there preety new and I didnt use the delete key it was either f8 or f10 as I remember. The gateway screen will come up, and on the bottom right hand corner it waill have "hit f8, or f10 to go to blah blah" just read it and it will let you into the bios. While I was in the bios I noticed my school had disabled hypertreading but I turned it back on :)

Ohh wow sorry didnt even look but "Figero" brought it too the top so I thought it was new.

Back
Top Bottom