Getting the Computer and Memory FSB's 1:1

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys i heard that having your fsb of your cpu and your fsb of your RAM is a very important factor to keeping everything from bottlenecking

right now i have a 3.0ghz Pent D 925 running at the stock 800mhz fsb

also i have 2x512mb of ddr400 running dual channel...and it says that it is for sure running 1:1 in Everest

so i know that Intel's FSB is quad pumped...meaning that really the ram must only meet 200mhz right?...and ddr400 really runs at 200mhz right?...so is that how they are matching up?

and say if i were to get a core 2 duo sometime...and it has a 1066mhz fsb
so divided by 4 that is 266.5....so what ram would fit up with that?...like ddr2 533....im just trying to understand this lol! thankyou

thank you very much for that link man...and it shows the bandwidth thats cool THANKS :)

so now whenever i upgrade i know what to get :)....is that why ddr2 533 is so natural to newer intel stuff now just to keep the fsb's the same?...and i still dont understand how my computer is 1:1

ok my intel pd 925 3.0ghz 4mb l2cache has a 800mhz fsb which from what i hear is quad pumped so its really 200 but it runs 800

then my ram is ddr400 which runs 200x2 since dual data..but then ends up at 800mhz?...is taht because i run it in dual channel? thx

and since ddr2 pc2 4200 is 266mhz..x2 for being ddr..making it 532...then having that x2 again somehow to make 1064mhz??

im just wondering how they ended up at 1066mhz lol im stumped
also what is the difference between ddr2 and ddr...does ddr juts have faster clocks and more bandwidth?
because it looks to me like they got done with all the ddr range...then rebuilt it up again to try to get more out of it explaining the change is slots.

Back
Top Bottom